- Lake Winnsboro. This smaller lake is conveniently located near Winnsboro's main street and many city merchants. With several ramps, Winnsboro has a lake store marina that is located at the east end of the dam on CR 4890, just off Texas Highway 37.
- Lake Fork. Located 65 miles east of Dallas on the on Lake Fork Creek, Lake Fork is a major tributary of the Sabine River between Quitman, Alba, Emory, and Yantis, Texas. At 27,690 acres and 315 miles of shoreline, Lake Fork is one of the 10 largest lakes in Texas.
- Lake Cypress Springs. With some of the nicest gated, lakefront communities, it's no wonder Lake Cypress Springs is a retirement hotspot from Dallas and surrounding areas. Besides having some of the best boating water around, it also offers good fishing.
- Holly Lake Ranch, designed by Leon Howard, delivers a picturesque view of the lake while putting your golf balls down the lane with "6,784 yards for a par of 72 from our longest tees. The course rating is 72.9 and it has a slope rating of 122 on Bermuda grass."
- Lake Fork Golf Course is a "beautifully manicured 18-hole golf course designed by architects Gill and Williams. We are a full service, family oriented golf course located on the West Banks of the famous Lake Fork Reservoir (Bass Capital of Texas). The course, clubhouse and outdoor pavilion are all situated on 145 estate-like acres. A par 72 along the 6017 yard course will challenge any golfer’s ability with the many water hazards and over 2500 trees on the course."
- Links at Land's End (Lake Fork area) offers "stay-n-play" packages with restaurants located on site. They are "recognized as the finest trophy bass fishing lake in the United States, Lake Fork is also the location of one of the finest golf courses in Texas. The Links at Land’s End golf resort is located on a peninsula, rich with wildlife, spectacular views and challenging golf shots. Our par 71 golf course is sculpted along the shorelines of the lake, with water in play on 12 of the 18 holes."
- Creekside Mini Golf brings the family together in this delightful addition to Winnsboro. Being one of the only mini-golf sites for miles around, Creekside Mini Golf gives the local community a great way to spend the weekend without having to drive to the big city.
- Deerlake Cabins. Stay in the gated community of King's Country at one of the cottages at Deerlake Cabins. They have activities that include equipment rentals of ATV's, Jon Boats, stand up paddle boards, and bikes, along with horseback riding, and pony rides.
- Thee Hubbell House Bed & Breakfast. Visit one of our historic bed and breakfasts, Thee Hubbell House, conveniently located within walking distance of downtown. With a saltwater pool, and "nestled among 400 year old oak trees, the beautifully landscaped gardens of Thee Hubbell House are an enjoyable place to spend time walking or sitting while enjoying the serenity and basking in the ambiance of yesteryear. The gardens also become an excellent introduction for what our guests discover when they first walk into the houses of the property."
- The Clark House Bed & Breakfast. Also located close by is The Clark House, offering "luxurious indoor and outdoor amenities, full service meals available, a private guest jacuzzi, beautiful gardens and a koi pond, a magnificent outdoor fireplace, and a common dining and living space with comfortable couches, a fireplace and large flat screen television. Each of our spacious guest rooms is private and comfortable, with private bathrooms, balcony or porch access with views of the grounds, flatscreen televisions, cable TV, and free WiFi."
- Trails Country Motel. Positioned near several restaurants, can also be found the affordable Trails Country Motel. Only a short distance from downtown, they are located near the heart of business.
- Lake Fork Lodging. Pick from cabins to homes for your stay near the water. Be sure to make a special trip as you drive through beautiful pines, over waterways, and cascading hills to visit Winnsboro's nostalgic downtown with a city that offers you a quality experience. .
Live Music Venues
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts, voted Best Downtown Partner at the 2016 President's Gala Award, continues to wow residents and visitors alike with the high-caliber musicians they bring to The Browery Stage. Seating for 88 exudes an intimate setting where the acoustics have been praised by the performing musicians as some of the best acoustics they've experienced. Most shows consist of two 45 minute sets with an intermission where attendees have the chance to personally meet the performer(s). Their convenient downtown location draws in people, far and wide.
- Monday Nights Live (every 3rd Monday) has become a festive part of our downtown attraction. We look forward to the season of quaint block-street, concerts in the good ol' outdoors. Most seasons are from March to November. Stay updated with upcoming Monday Night Live events by clicking here.
- Liefie Li Vine's restaurant of traditional African and European cuisine not only cooks up a delicious-n-juicy smoked chicken, pecan-smoked prime rib, or blackened salmon, but it also adds live music to your patio dining experience. With an outdoor fireplace and heat lamps, live music can be found most weekends as you imagine yourself in Europe.
- Monk's Oven was voted one of the best pizza pie's in the County Line Magazine annual contest for the Upper East Side of Texas. They combine gourmet pizza with a mix of live music in the heart of Winnsboro's bustling downtown.
From white-table-cloth fine dining to express take-out, the streets of Winnsboro are filled with unique restaurants to enjoy. Main Street, Market Street and Coke Road are some of the main arteries for food and shopping. The Bowery, which is the heart of the Arts District and encompasses several blocks of downtown stores and eateries, is the scene of Famers’ Markets and outdoor entertainment. Main Street provides a very special spa experience, as well, that is renowned throughout East Texas.
Dining ranges from European & South African blends, classic Italian, German cuisine, some of the finest steaks along with Texas' staple of Mexican food.
Click here and pick from one of our many, delicious eateries and be pleasantly surprised by the quality and atmosphere.
- Starry, Starry Night Dinner & Art Auction allows you the opportunity to meet many of local artists, along with purchasing their artwork through a silent auction. This annual, fun event is also one of the main fundraisers for the Winnsboro Center for the Arts who provide the rich cultural atmosphere to Winnsboro.
- Bonnie & Clyde Performance. Relive the past, in this live performance on The Browery Stage. Purchase tickets here.
- 4th of July Fireworks in Winnsboro goes off with a big-city bang that is always a crowd pleaser. Check here with Chamber of Commerce, Event's page so that you don't miss this spectacular event.
- Classic Car Cruise-In. People drive from miles around to get a glimpse of their favorite classics. Winnsboro carries on the tradition as it celebrates over 10 years of hosting such a popular event.
- Autumn Trails. A decade's long event brings back nostalgic memories of the old west in this month-long event in August. This Fall kick-off has something for everyone as a family favorite. Mark your calendar and schedule your visit from one of the many weekend long events that happen each weekend in August. You can learn more from their page here.
- Winnsboro Art & Wine Festival. Be sure and join us as award winning Texas Wineries showcase their aromatic works. Art and Wine lovers from all over come to enjoy this event as they get to travel through the colorful autumn leaves and have the pleasure of tasting from the collections of superb wines.